Practice Areas > Immigration

In the United States, federal law governs who may enter the United States, how long they may stay, and what they are permitted to do while in the United States (ex: working).

Immigration benefits and enforcement is administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Prior to 2003 this organization was known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

Under U.S. Immigration law, persons ar either U.S. Citizens/Nationals or Aliens. Aliens can be lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or non-immigrant visa holders.

Typical immigration services that an attorney can help with include:

  • E-2 Visa
  • Green Card
  • H-1B Visa
  • H-1B Visa Transfer
  • H-2B VIsa
  • Immigration Consultation
  • J-1 Visa
  • L Visa
  • O Visa
  • TN Visa
  • Changes may occur in this area of law. The information provided is brought to you as a public service, and is intended to help you better understand the law in general. It is not intended to be legal advice regarding your particular problem or substitute for the advice of a lawyer.

    Back to Top

    Contact Us

    Indy Lawyer Finder

    1234 Main Street

    San Francisco, CA 94110

    Monday through Friday
    8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    Closed on all national holidays.

    Click HERE for a personalized referral

    Browse Online Directory

    Indy Lawyer Finder is a service of the Indianapolis Bar Association. Our Mission: To serve our members, promote justice and enhance the legal profession.